Monday, August 31, 2015

Look.

"This is so fun! YOU CAN SENSE OUR EXCITEMENT FOR LEARNING!"

Ok, this the first post, and so to give you some idea what this blog is about, let me put it this way. Most teachers have had parents come in CRYING about trying to get their sons to do homework. And because of how the world works and it's unfair, I know I know!, if you get divorced and you have a son you are probably the one taking care of taking them to school and educating them at home.

As a single father, I feel your pain. But I have an advantage! I have the male brain. As you've noticed, from watching your friends with their daughters calmly learning in class and doing their homework without being told, the male student is a gremlin of pain when it comes to education.

But let's fix this. I will tell you all the male secrets that I use when teaching things to my three boys. The goal is not to make them geniuses or valedictorians. The goal is to keep you sane. This is going to be harder than it sounds.

I call this classroom study "Daddy trapped a cockroach and put it outside so you can torture it to death."


No comments:

Post a Comment